Review Fractal Design Pop Silent Review: Old-School, but Not so Cool

Colif

Win 11 Master
I guess they make the Torrent as well, so can afford to make cases that appeal to other end of scale. I won't hold it against them. Its not like its advertised as air flow

I know its fashionable to have glass sides but if you want silent, better off with 1 more side that deadens sound. Guess there is probably a choice with no glass. Fractal design website down right now so I can't check.

there is also an air flow version of the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: martinch

slurmsmckenzie

Commendable
Apr 12, 2021
Only just noticed this review. I got the R6 but if this was available at the time I'd have been interested for sure.

One thing I don't get is that the reviews for the Torrent compact almost all mention that the cable routing space is terrible and the reviews for the Pop cases say it is fine, even this one with the sound deadening material making it tighter. Yet the Fractal website gives the cable routing space as 20mm for the Torrent compact and 19mm for the Pop?? Maybe that is at the deepest point and overall the Torrent compact has less space? Bit odd though.

Shame both cases aren't a few mm wider with more space behind the mobo though, would make things much easier.