Question Fractal Design S36 - Auto or PWM And How to Make Sure It's Working

hopkins802

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
Hi all,

I just installed the S36 and the first thing I did was hop into the BIOS. I went into my QFan Settings changed my CPU Fan and AIO Pump control to PWM. The product description says I can adjust the fan speeds somehow, but i'm not sure how. Also, is anyone else running this or the S24? Do you prefer PWM or Auto mode? I haven't tried flicking the switch yet as my temps are good straight out of the box so far.

Thanks!
Dan

hopkins802

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
You might want to go through this article/video on KitGuru. If temps are good straight out of the box, I'd suggest leaving things alone.

What's weird is that the first day, temp's were awesome, and they're still decent, but something is not working. The first day I set it up, I went into the BIOS and created a basic curve so that the pump would crank to 100% when it hit 55C. I rebooted and all was good, I would put it under load and I could hear the pump rev up when it hit 55C. I turned the PC on today and it's just completely silent. I put it under load, and it only hit 72C, but the pump never cranked. I'm monitoring everything and see that my CPU fan is spinning fast, 2000 RPM, like it should. But I don't think the pump is working? Anything in my BIOS I should check for?