• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Fractal Design's Define R6 Cases Get the USB-C Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
what uses USB-C? I can charge my phone with it and that's it, it seems. And to do that, I'd need to buy a special cable that has USB-C on each end instead of using the cable it came with.
I get it's suppose to be fast and support all this great technology, but it's been out for a while and I haven't seen any devices for it.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014
What a pain. I'm about to build inside an R6 I bought a couple months back...and have to decide if the pain of paying $20 and going through the hassle of replacing the panel is worth it.

If I DON'T upgrade it, then I'm GUARANTEED to wish I had and want the USB-C on the easily accessible front panel at some point in the future.

If I DO upgrade it, then I'm guaranteed to NOT ever actually need it.

That's just how this sort of thing works.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
I love my R5, I think overall I prefer the R5 to the R6. If they stopped making the R5 I'd buy a 6 instead though. Fractal cases in general are my favorite to work with!

I'm pretty sure you'll always have ready access to a cable that has USB-A on one end and USB-C on the other.

adruger

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
It only took about 10 minutes to swap out the connect D1. I use it to charge my phone all the time, so I bought the R6 knowing I would need to swap that in at some point.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014

I like your thinking...and my motherboard will have a type c on the back if I truly need one, which I can always route to a hub in an even more convenient location.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014

Was the wiring harness difficult to route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY