[SOLVED] Fractal Meshify C (Arctic P12 PMW)

Solution
Most motherboards allow you to set fan curves in the BIOS for each fan header. You'll have to look in the owners manual for your board and see what it allows. I typically set a 40% fan speed at 40c start point and ramp up each jump in fan/temp incrementally until running 100% at about 80c. It depends on the fan quality and how many incremental points the fan profile will accept.

The other option Ive used in the past for case fans is to buy a fan hub that mounts in an expansion slot at the back of the case...those work quite nicely and the ability to adjust fans while gaming without needing to access the BIOS is nice...
Hi,
Can anyone who uses the same fans (6xArctic P12 PMW 120mm) advise how to set the speed curve? Will he make any recommendations ?. The CPU NHD14- is Noctua 120mm and 140mm. I'm trying to reduce noise ...

https://imgbb.com/TLV4pYM
Nobody can tell you exactly because it depends on other things like case, CPU, GPU etc.
My rule of thumb for all fans is to set straight line from minimum RPM (for each fan or group of fans) to maximum RPM at temps at or just before maximum temps for that part.

Reactions: dorsai
Most motherboards allow you to set fan curves in the BIOS for each fan header. You'll have to look in the owners manual for your board and see what it allows. I typically set a 40% fan speed at 40c start point and ramp up each jump in fan/temp incrementally until running 100% at about 80c. It depends on the fan quality and how many incremental points the fan profile will accept.

The other option Ive used in the past for case fans is to buy a fan hub that mounts in an expansion slot at the back of the case...those work quite nicely and the ability to adjust fans while gaming without needing to access the BIOS is nice.

https://www.amazon.com/EKDJKK-Chass...ual+pc+fan+header&qid=1629977765&sr=8-46&th=1

Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If your temps are very well controlled you might consider moving to the F12 versions as they rotate slower.

For my own situation my motherboard has a feature called "fan-tastic-tuning" and it adjusts the fans curves to be as quiet as possible for normal operation then ramps them under load fairly aggressively. You can hear them ramp for instance when rendering something, etc. During gameplay they just run up and are a static noise like that manner of load tends to be anyway.

I am not familiar with your case, but 140mm fans are (supposedly) quieter than 120mm.

TRENDING THREADS