[SOLVED] Fractal Meshify C with Kraken X63 high idle temps

Ryan Alexander

Honorable
Jan 21, 2015
Hey all,

I've got a Fractal Meshify C with a Kraken x63 and when it boots up, it's entirely quiet but over time, it warms slightly and you can hear the pump working with idle temps beginning at 38°C and after easy browsing, never below 41-45°C degrees.

The build is fast and performs well but I realize that there are some problems with the way the radiator is and it's a bit cramped. It definitely doesn't help GPU temps to have the radiator so close to the GPU and providing warm air directly on it.

Would anyone recommend just swapping out to an air cooling solution for the CPU, to free up more space for the GPU to breathe and ultimately lower temps all round with the front intake fans being able to provide 100% cool air. Also happy to hear suggestions regarding the positioning of components but at this point, I may just look at getting an air cooled solution.

I've currently got an AMD Ryzen 7 3800x if that helps.

Thanks!

L9nxdZw.jpg

Solution
I don't see a serious issue here, I really don't.

I realize that there are some problems with the way the radiator is and it's a bit cramped. It definitely doesn't help GPU temps to have the radiator so close to the GPU and providing warm air directly on it.
This isn't as bad as you're making it out to be.

If I were to change anything at all:
-Put a 2nd fan up top to enhance gpu exhaust.
-Set a static pump speed(80-90%) in CAM, if it allows it. I'm not all that familiar with the app though.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see a serious issue here, I really don't.

I realize that there are some problems with the way the radiator is and it's a bit cramped. It definitely doesn't help GPU temps to have the radiator so close to the GPU and providing warm air directly on it.
This isn't as bad as you're making it out to be.

If I were to change anything at all:
-Put a 2nd fan up top to enhance gpu exhaust.
-Set a static pump speed(80-90%) in CAM, if it allows it. I'm not all that familiar with the app though.

Solution