Build Complete Fractal North with Ryzen 5 7600X and Radeon RX 7900 XT

May 4, 2023
I have finally build my system following my thread: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/system-to-run-32-9-1440p-ultrawide-at-120hz.3806239/

Sorry for the mess in the background, pictures were taken during the build process.

I big thank you to @helper800, @Zerk2012 and @Lucky_SLS for providing valuable advices in the part picking process.

Full partlist: https://no.pcpartpicker.com/list/rRjxnt
A7qZRgt.jpg

The Asrock board came with its own graphic card holder, but it wasn't made to hold this beast of a graphic card. So i used the holder that came with the graphiccard.
esy5SWd.jpg

Cable management attempted
rTcNySC.jpg

@Lucky_SLS expressed concern about clearance issues between the Arctic cooler and the ram, but there were no issue here. I have attempted to take some pictures of the clearance
XQ3M1fa.jpg

2cmPUGT.jpg

With small sidepanel reattached
iu3YuBB.jpg

Fully assembled
sPy3DZo.jpg
8ZXLoAa.jpg

I haven't provided any pictures of it running, since I have disabled all RGB, so didn't see the value of it.

I'm going to add a rear case fan, since I think it is running a bit hot and the arctic cooler is struggling a bit to act as the sole exhaust of the system.

Thats a neat build! i wouldnt mind too much about cable management as you are not using custom sleeved cables and the inside is not illuminated with RGB.

But i think setting all the RGB to a single colour like white or blue would look good! Or even yellow with the wood accents in the FD North case!

A rear fan will come in handy as the North is not a big case. that monster of a GPU with about 350W of power draw would not make things easier XD

Would suggest you to explore custom fan curves instead of the built in temp sync'ed ones controlled by the BIOS. in many cases the fan speed jumps by a lot instead of ramping up gradually and will not be tuned with the fan RPM vs fan noise in mind...

How is the AMD BIOS with XMP profiles and voltage controls look like now with the latest updates? things are still not settled and i advice to follow the Asrock motherboard forums to keep yourself upto date on any irregularities...

Reactions: Exploding PSU
May 4, 2023
Thats a neat build! i wouldnt mind too much about cable management as you are not using custom sleeved cables and the inside is not illuminated with RGB.

But i think setting all the RGB to a single colour like white or blue would look good! Or even yellow with the wood accents in the FD North case!

A rear fan will come in handy as the North is not a big case. that monster of a GPU with about 350W of power draw would not make things easier XD

Would suggest you to explore custom fan curves instead of the built in temp sync'ed ones controlled by the BIOS. in many cases the fan speed jumps by a lot instead of ramping up gradually and will not be tuned with the fan RPM vs fan noise in mind...

How is the AMD BIOS with XMP profiles and voltage controls look like now with the latest updates? things are still not settled and i advice to follow the Asrock motherboard forums to keep yourself upto date on any irregularities...
The RGB Software from Powercolor don't seem to work/connect with my graphic card, so it were stuck on a light blue color. Need to look into that at some point.

Haven't fiddled with the fan-curves yet, but will do.

The XMP-profile didn't work out of the box, but after I updated to the latest bios version it works without a problem.

Reactions: Lucky_SLS