Fram drop on CS GO

Aug 19, 2018
Specs are:

Cpu: I5-4440 3,10 ghz with water cooling/liquid cooling. Stable 60c° while playing
Ram: 16 GB
Motherboard: ASRock h97 killer
GPU: STRIX GTX970 4G 40c° while playing

My question is, the cpu goes up to about 60c° and my fps randomly drops down to 48-50 fps and stays there for a couple off seconds then goes up to about 200 again. Would it be because the cpu starting to overheat, or is it my GPU going bad? Even tho its temp is around 40c°

Certainly 60C would appear to be nowhere close to the CPU throttling....

I'd investigate other causes, perhaps attempting to cap your FPS to an even 60 fps (if the game supports it in options), as perhaps your connection forges ahead faster than whatever your connection quality to whatever server is capable of servicing/sustaining, resulting in dropped frames , causing routine hitches...

Some folks also report their system is slow accessing portions of the map when running along in wide open areas, so, an SSD might also help if you are not already using one...

Lastly, you could check your GPU in another system, perhaps belonging to a friend...

GOod luck

You could also try turning off all unnecessary background apps not essential to running the game, perhaps an application is pushing data/receiving an update, etc...

Aug 19, 2018
I always close all the applications when I play, and a ran the msi afterburner just to check the cpu and all 4 cores are running at there maximum capacity just by playing CS go, I think that's a bit weird.
Using the hdmi that came with my Asus scream, gsync as well.

I have bin looking for the caping option as I know it could be something as little as that, but I can't find it (might just be me that is blind)

It's not slow in accessing any parts of the map, it happens at different places al the time. Often if I've bin standing still for a bit, but then pushes towards a enemy the fps will drop tremendously.

I actually check my GPU in a friend of mine system as I'm working on it, and it ran okey in here system.

Got a ssd in my system, but it's sort of sacred, only got windows and PS On it.

GPU drives are up to date, and they did. But this started before this, but it's just happening more and more. And that to me is not a good sign. All my settings are at the maximum, and theoretically that should not be a problem considering my specs