Question Frame dropping in most games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2023
Hi, can someone pls pls pls help me about why my computers framedropping in most games? Like tomb raider and assasins creed? My rig i think is very capable of those games, i got ryzen 9 5900x with RTX 3060 12 gb gddr6, and RAM 16gb 2666 mhz, MOBO asrock b550m hdv, PSU Apexgaming 850 gold full mod. Monitor 2k res 200hz

i just got this feeling of disappointment because i know my rig can do so much better just like any others i saw online.

l only have 3 games as of now and my pc is 1 month old, i think they're all underperforming and im very sad i felt like i was being robbed by the store personel.. i even settle for low graphic quality with limiting my fps to 60-70 and still its frame dropping to like 9 with like 2-3 secs i felt so unrelieved i know my rig is so far far far more good than that.. plss help me guys. May God bless you all

Last edited:

guilhermeol

Reputable
Jun 21, 2019
Take a look on GPU and CPU temps to see if any is thermal throttling,if its on the 60-80 range its fine.
Look GPU clock and see if it is reaching the clock it should, maybe your model of GPU has a TDP limit lower than others on bios, stress it on Superposition with Msi afterburner monitoring on top.

Feb 7, 2023
gaming at what resolution?
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?

RTX 3060 is kind of on the low end
I got a 200hz monitor, 2k res. Temp of cpu and gpu is around 30-40 idle and 50-70 at gaming

Though i set the game into low still there are times that it will stutter idk if its on the game because in the god of war i dont encounter anything

Feb 7, 2023
Take a look on GPU and CPU temps to see if any is thermal throttling,if its on the 60-80 range its fine.
Look GPU clock and see if it is reaching the clock it should, maybe your model of GPU has a TDP limit lower than others on bios, stress it on Superposition with Msi afterburner monitoring on top.
Temps is around 30-40 when idle and 50-80 when playing. I think theres no problem with the temps it seems fine. I just think theres something thats holding back my computer to its best and idk what that is.

Though i play at low graphic quality still theres this stuttering and dropping of frames to like one digit. At certain times it seems fine like playing GOd of war i dont have problem with that game. Idk if thats in the game, i only have those cracked versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.