[SOLVED] Frame drops and poor performance???

Aug 30, 2020
So I've noticed significant frame rate drops and just all around low frames when playing a lot of games. Even on low settings no matter what i do, the frames are still terrible highest of about 80, lowest around 30. Specs: MSI z370 a pro motherboard, GTX 1060, Intel i7 8700k, 64gb ram. Honestly I've done most of the upgrading and working on this computer myself and have had no other issues. Temps are all well within normal ranges now too, originally i thought this was the issue and since upgraded CPU coolers and case fans. Now temps are all in normal ranges, so not really sure what else to do???

Solution
Okay,
Please go through these steps below:

1. A quick BIOS update for your 9th gen.chip if you haven't.
  2. I would ask you to update your windows and perform a full system scan using the windows defender. In this case, I will uninstall McAfee or any third-party antivirus software before the scan.
  3. Your HDDs need defragmentation as you can simply do it by clicking on properties - tools - optimize. (All your HDDs)
Hope there will be a difference. :)

ben001

Distinguished
Hi, :)

Starting with a few basic things:
  1. Are you using any HDD in your current system?. Do share more about your storage status. Details should also include, capacity, age, usage, etc..
  2. Are you using any anti-virus software?.
and, I hope you're using 64GB memory for some reason apart from gaming.

Aug 30, 2020
I have a 1 TB SSD
A 1 TB HDD and a 4 TB HDD
And mostly only use for gaming, video editing and streaming.

The computer itself is a little more than a year old and the SSD is brand new,

Yes I am using a mcafee anti virus

I upgraded my cpu just recently in the last month to the I7 9700k because i thought this was the issue and that did not change anything either

ben001

Distinguished
Okay,

2. I would ask you to update your windows and perform a full system scan using the windows defender. In this case, I will uninstall McAfee or any third-party antivirus software before the scan.
  3. Your HDDs need defragmentation as you can simply do it by clicking on properties - tools - optimize. (All your HDDs)

Solution
Aug 30, 2020
Okay,

working on all of this now, is there any kind of reccommendation on a virus protection software? I don’t do much when it comes to browsing the web except managing my social network accounts really? And playing games