Question Frame drops in wide open areas when playing games. Noob trying to clarify the processes behind it.

KittyScars

Reputable
Aug 13, 2019
Alright, so I notice this alot when I'm playing games. There are alot of titles I could choose from, but I guess If I were to bring forth the best example. Fallout 4, if you manage to uncap the framerate, the game could run at 300+ frames on my pc. I notice a few dips here and there to the low 200s when, but it doesn't get below 144 too much. But when you go outside, and you have the game load the vast open continent.
For name's sake, another example apex legends where if you land in an enclosed area, the game runs smooth. But once you leave that area and you're on top of a hill over a vast landscape the frames die down. This is obvious right, more stuff on the cpu load, more stuff for it the processes thus it runs slower.

What I'm trying to get down is what should I upgrade if I want to mitigate this problem as much as possible, because I don't know a darn thing about all this pc stuff. Like do I need a cpu with faster clock speed? or more cores? Do I need a GPU with more memory size? or a faster effective memory clock?
Do I need more RAM? I know shroud uses 64 gb of gskill trident ram, or does it depend more on the speed of the ram.

or is it just all of the above.

KittyScars

Reputable
Aug 13, 2019
if you were wondering.
My build
intel i7 4970k
water cooler
gtx 1070 msi
16 gb quad channel corsair vengance ram.
psu supernova 850 watt
msi mobo, too lazy to look up name.