Question Frame drops on all games with brand new PC

Jun 6, 2022
Hello,

I bought a brand new PC a few months ago (3), and for the past month I have encountered frame drops in all the games I play (Both very old and very recent games), here's my configuration below :

"Operating System
1 x Windows 11 Home

Case
1 x Azza Thor 320

CPU
1 x Intel Core i7-12700KF, 8x 3.60GHz + 4x 2.70GHz

Cooler
1 x Corsair Hydro Series iCUE H60i RGB Pro XT

Mainboard
1 x MSI Pro Z690-P DDR4, S. 1700

GPU
1 x Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti 8Go

RAM
1 x 32GB DDR4-3200 | Corsair Vengeance, black

SSD
1 x 500 Go | Samsung 970 Evo Plus

Harddisk
1 x 1 To | Western Digital WD Black SATA III

Power Supply
1 x 850 Watt 80 PLUS GOLD | MSI MPG A850GF

Soundcard
1 x HD-Audio integrated

Fan
2 x AZZA RGB LED, 120mm - (SL)"

To describe the issues, the game runs smoothly for a while at 144 fps (or 60 if it's an old game), and then the game will freeze for a very short amount of time, and then go back to 144 fps. An fps tracker will show that it drops to 120-135, but it feels like a complete freeze.
I don't know much about computer optimisation but I tried a few things and nothing worked :

• Reinstalling GPU drivers
  • Reinstalling Windows 11
  • Doing optimisations advised online (deactivating DVR, closing all background apps, changing mouse refresh rate etc)
I have done userbenchmark performance test :

https://ibb.co/0rV8mg9

Here's the temperature while ingame :
https://ibb.co/7JgjzF9

I can see that there is some CPU throttling that I was unable to fix, but the rest looked fine ?

I'm not sure what to do for improving the frame drops issue at this point, as I can't find any solution that seems to fix my issues.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and tips.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Case
1 x Azza Thor 320

CPU
1 x Intel Core i7-12700KF, 8x 3.60GHz + 4x 2.70GHz

Cooler
1 x Corsair Hydro Series iCUE H60i RGB Pro XT

I can see that there is some CPU throttling that I was unable to fix, but the rest looked fine ?

You should've invested in a 240mm AIO at the very least. The lack of cooling is what's causing the throttling. your case is also bad in terms of airflow.

Jun 6, 2022
Thank you :)

Oh I see... Do you think it is what's causing the frame drops ? I guess changing the cooling is the priority then ?
I guess it would be ideal to change the case as well.
Thanks for your reply !

Last edited: