Question Frame Drops/Stuttering in GTA V online ?

kajga

Commendable
Jan 18, 2021
Hello, recently i got GTA V and im experiencing frame drops in the online mode, in story mode my fps is always above 60 and i dont experience any drops
PC specs:
GPU: XFX RX 580 8gb
CPU: Intel Core i5-3450
RAM: 2x 4gb 1600mhz

Now i know that my pc is bottlenecked but i wouldn't be asking here for help if i didn't talk to my friends earlier and they told me that they have no drops whatsoever on the online mode even though they have worse PC specs than me.
What could be the issue?

Lutfij

Titan
Now i know that my pc is bottlenecked but i wouldn't be asking here for help if i didn't talk to my friends earlier and they told me that they have no drops whatsoever on the online mode even though they have worse PC specs than me.
This is where you list their specs.

Please list your and their specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

You could try and reinstall your GPU drivers, after using DDU, then manually reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest off of AMD's support site.

AlxR25

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
Hello, recently i got GTA V and im experiencing frame drops in the online mode, in story mode my fps is always above 60 and i dont experience any drops
PC specs:
GPU: XFX RX 580 8gb
CPU: Intel Core i5-3450
RAM: 2x 4gb 1600mhz

What could be the issue?
GTA V online is a really unoptimized game for PCs and old gen consoles. I've been playing the game since release and as much as I upgrade my pc I'll still get a <Mod Edit> ton of input delay and stutters. It's the games engine problem and your pc is probably perfectly fine, unless you also get the same errors on other heavy-ish games

Last edited by a moderator: