Question Frame Drops

Apr 28, 2019
Hey,
My computer randomly started dropping frames while playing. While i am in loading screens and menus it is normal at around 120-145 but when i am in the game it goes down to 60-80. I have tried to change settings in game and i have downloaded MSI Afterburner but i couldn't see any significant changes. Any help is appreciated

Apr 28, 2019
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Prozessor
ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING, Mainboard
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Windforce 8G, Grafikkarte
G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3200 Kit, Arbeitsspeicher
Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB, Solid State Drive
Fractal Design Meshify C Dark Tint TG, Tower-Gehäuse
Corsair RM650X (2018) 650W
be quiet! Dark Rock 4, CPU-Kühler
I am new to the pc world so i am not sure what under load means?
I play Rainbow Six Siege and Insurgency Sandstorm.

Reactions: LewisMann

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Basically it's when you're actually putting work onto your components. Load = Work in effect.

So for you, under load is when your actually playing a game at the time. You can use Afterburner to help show component % usage on screen whilst gaming, it may give you an idea if you are encountering any throttling / usage problems.

First port of call is make sure all of your drivers are up to date.
When was the last time you ran a disk cleanup, SSD trim, and Virus Scan?

Apr 28, 2019
Oh okay thank you i will do that.
I updated everything i could.
I have an Antivirus that regularly scans, but i haven't done the other things i believe.

Apr 28, 2019
Give them a go first, then feedback. (y)
Also remember for online games your game will also be limited by your internet speeds.
What FPS did you use to have in the same games? and have you changed / done anything before the FPS drops?
I have done those things and i have reinstalled the game and now i have 100-120 fps which is great but it is very inconsistent. (I am talking about Rainbow Six Siege which is my main game) i used to have 145 fps very consistently and since it was so consistent i turned off the fps counter and then just randomly realized frame drops but idk