[SOLVED] frame drops

Zephis

Reputable
May 6, 2017
So I've been having this problem where my game will drop frames ALOT. I constantly go from 180 down to 120, 100, 130 or lower, and it makes my game choppy the frame drop fluctuating up and down is KILLING me. I don't know what's wrong, yes I play Fortnite, and I'm really competitive and I can't even play pubs without experiencing this issue. Here are my [Specs] . My graphics card and processor are probably 3 years old. But I still think a 1070 and an i7 shouldn't get this much lag on all low settings.

Solution
Your speccy list does not include the make and model of your PSU. Is the PSU 3 years old as well?

You could've easily list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

According to your specs, you're on BIOS version 1.4 for your motherboard while the latest is 6 versions higher. First try and update your BIOS till you're on the latest.

Lutfij

Titan
Your speccy list does not include the make and model of your PSU. Is the PSU 3 years old as well?

You could've easily list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

According to your specs, you're on BIOS version 1.4 for your motherboard while the latest is 6 versions higher. First try and update your BIOS till you're on the latest.

Solution
Feb 3, 2020
So I've been having this problem where my game will drop frames ALOT. I constantly go from 180 down to 120, 100, 130 or lower, and it makes my game choppy the frame drop fluctuating up and down is KILLING me. I don't know what's wrong, yes I play Fortnite, and I'm really competitive and I can't even play pubs without experiencing this issue. Here are my [Specs] . My graphics card and processor are probably 3 years old. But I still think a 1070 and an i7 shouldn't get this much lag on all low settings.

When running Fortnite, what is your disk usage at? This can be a common cause for frame drops.

Zephis

Reputable
May 6, 2017

I never once updated my BIOS and never thought about it, but I've done it and my game already feels much better.