[SOLVED] Frame Packing 3D at 60Hz 1080p?

Dec 19, 2021
Is it possible now to get frame packing 3D 1080p at 60Hz? I have searched everywhere I can look and its only 720p that can do 60Hz, 1080p maxes out at 24Hz which I find unwatchable(its blurry), actually I prefer the 720p 60Hz at the moment. I understand this has been a limitation due to HDMI 1.4 standard but does the current 2.0 make any difference? Is it a cable limit or even the 3D projectors can't output 3D 1080p at 60Hz? Any solutions are highly appreciated.

Solution
1080p 120 Hz / 60 fps 3D has been part of the HDMI specification since version 1.4. If a device wants to implement that capability, they can, but I don't think 3D has been a focus of the industry for a long time.
Dec 19, 2021
No actually 1.4 standard maxes out at 720p 60Hz and 1080p 24Hz, This is frame packing(The most glorious form of 3D) not SBS or OU. Am looking if anyone has tried to push that 1080p past the 24Hz mark.

No actually 1.4 standard maxes out at 720p 60Hz and 1080p 24Hz, This is frame packing(The most glorious form of 3D) not SBS or OU. Am looking if anyone has tried to push that 1080p past the 24Hz mark.
No, it doesn't.

If 3D_present is set (=1), an HDMI Sink shall support 3D video formats per the following requirements.

An HDMI Sink which supports at least one 59.94 / 60Hz 2D video format shall support both
  • 1920x1080p @ 23.98 / 24Hz Frame packing
  • 1280x720p @ 59.94 / 60Hz Frame packing

These are minimum requirements, not maximum limits. Nowhere does it say that higher 3D formats are not permitted. Section H.2 Table H-6 also shows 1080p 60 Hz frame packing as an example format.

Dec 19, 2021
No, it doesn't.

These are minimum requirements, not maximum limits. Nowhere does it say that higher 3D formats are not permitted. Section H.2 Table H-6 also shows 1080p 60 Hz frame packing as an example format.
Then can you demonstrate how to achieve 1080p/60 Frame packing. I have a projector and every time the resolution of the input is set to 1080p, the frame packing format automatically plays at 24Hz. This is also the standard mentioned in all projector manuals. In order to archive 60hz, I must set the input resolution to 720p.

Then can you demonstrate how to achieve 1080p/60 Frame packing. I have a projector and every time the resolution of the input is set to 1080p, the frame packing format automatically plays at 24Hz. This is also the standard mentioned in all projector manuals. In order to archive 60hz, I must set the input resolution to 720p.
I'm not talking about what your device supports, just about what the specification allows or doesn't allow.

As I said, the minimum requirements don't include 1080p 60 Hz. Therefore, not all devices are guaranteed to support it. However, some may. The point being, looking for 1080p 60 fps 3D support isn't about looking for certain "version numbers" since that isn't going to tell you whether it supports what you're looking for or not. Don't use version numbers to try to determine what a device is capable of.

Dec 19, 2021
I'm not talking about what your device supports, just about what the specification allows or doesn't allow.

As I said, the minimum requirements don't include 1080p 60 Hz. Therefore, not all devices are guaranteed to support it. However, some may. The point being, looking for 1080p 60 fps 3D support isn't about looking for certain "version numbers" since that isn't going to tell you whether it supports what you're looking for or not. Don't use version numbers to try to determine what a device is capable of.
Unfortunately you dont answer the question. You simply claim it exists without pointing to any real information out there. I repeat, my question is "if anyone has come across frame packing at 1080p 60Hz kindly let me know"
So dont assume am arguing it doesnt exist, well if it does, point me to it. Tell me this and this does that, stuff like that.

Unfortunately you dont answer the question.

To answer the question directly then,

Is it possible now to get frame packing 3D 1080p at 60Hz?

Manufacturers have been permitted to implement frame packing 3D at 1080p 120 Hz / 60 fps since version 1.4 of the HDMI Specification. So it is just a question of whether any manufacturers have chosen to implement this capability. I do not know of any such devices, but I haven't really looked.

I understand this has been a limitation due to HDMI 1.4 standard but does the current 2.0 make any difference? Is it a cable limit or even the 3D projectors can't output 3D 1080p at 60Hz?

It is not a cable limitation, and support is not dependent on "versions". Version 2.0 of the HDMI Specification incorporates all provisions from version 1.4; frame packing 3D is still allowed, and it is still just a matter of whether manufacturers choose to implement it, and what frame rates they choose to support. Therefore you would need to check the specifications of each device on the market to search for one that supports it, since it is up to the manufacturer's choice.

Does that answer your question?