[SOLVED] Frame rate troubles when gaming

jackh2001

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
I get drastically lower frame rates than my friend even though are pc’s are similar. We play games such as League of Legends and Fortnite, we play on the exact same settings and he gets around 200 in each game, sometimes more in League, whereas I get about 150 in League and anywhere between 60 – 150 in Fortnite. My frame rate is very inconsistent in Fortnite.
Both of us play on 1920 * 1080p resolution and neither of us have done any overclocking. We both also play on 240Hz monitors.

My build is:
  • Intel Core i5-9600KF @ 3.7GHz
  • Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB RAM @ 2133MHz (2 x 8GB)
  • Kingston A400 240GB SSD
  • WD Blue 1TB HD
Friend’s build:
  • Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz
  • Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB RAM @ 2133MHz (2 x 8GB)
  • WDC 500GB SSD
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD
Ran some tests on the UserBenchmark website but none of the suggestions helped my framerate but it did help identify which hardware was under-performing.
My results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/29791643
Friend’s results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/29806231

Solution
D
edited. looks like your cpu should be ok.

userbenchmark doesn't mean anything, it's mostly rubbish and should not be consulted when you are having any issues. it's crap.

do you have lots of background stuff running? use Resource Monitor to see what's eating all your cpu and gpu, you may be infected with something. You might just have Windows config issues (bad or wrong drivers, etc.)

that SSD you have is VERY small, make sure not to use more than 80% of total disk space else your ssd perf drops like a rock.
D

Deleted member 14196

edited. looks like your cpu should be ok.

userbenchmark doesn't mean anything, it's mostly rubbish and should not be consulted when you are having any issues. it's crap.

do you have lots of background stuff running? use Resource Monitor to see what's eating all your cpu and gpu, you may be infected with something. You might just have Windows config issues (bad or wrong drivers, etc.)

that SSD you have is VERY small, make sure not to use more than 80% of total disk space else your ssd perf drops like a rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS