[SOLVED] Frame skipping issues

Nov 23, 2018
So, I've been experiencing some framerate issues lately playing most games on my pc.

I started noticing the most while playing borderlands 3, when I aim in my weapon, it will often skip framerates or act slow for milliseconds, just enough for me to miss shots and get annoyed. Rocket league I've been having issues with over the last 2 months. Every time a goal is scored, I will experience "connection loss", with the pop up symbol appearing on screen, acting as if I'm connection lagging (framerate issue is most notable) before disappearing kind of right as the kick-off starts. In borderlands, My average framerate is around 80-110, and i never drop below 60 still. Rocket league I never budge from 150, as a higher fps is not needed.

Whenever I run Borderlands 3: My cpu usage goes up to 97-100%, along with GPU. Issue happens on rocket league as well, however not nearly as bad or consistent.

GPU: Asus TURBO RTX2070
CPU: Intel core i5-8500
Motherboard: Asus Prime B360 Plus

I know especially my cpu isnt the best, but i have never had any issues running intensive games before, running other triple a games like Division 2, Destiny 2, R6 siege, and many others no issues. And Rocket league was working properly until about 1-2 months ago. Thank you to anyone who can help!

Solution
IF:
-motherboard drivers all up to date
-Windows up to date
-graphics drivers up to date
-antivirus/malware programs haven't found anything
-storage drives all in good condition and aren't over 75% full
-you have no 3rd party auto-install driver install bloatware like Driver Booster 6, or whatever
-your cpu is running with dual channel memory
-not running an excessive number of programs in the background using cpu resources you otherwise need in-game

All the above are positive, then there's no fix other than raising the graphics settings or getting a new cpu.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
IF:
-motherboard drivers all up to date
-Windows up to date
-graphics drivers up to date
-antivirus/malware programs haven't found anything
-storage drives all in good condition and aren't over 75% full
-you have no 3rd party auto-install driver install bloatware like Driver Booster 6, or whatever
-your cpu is running with dual channel memory
-not running an excessive number of programs in the background using cpu resources you otherwise need in-game

All the above are positive, then there's no fix other than raising the graphics settings or getting a new cpu.

Solution