• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Frame Skipping Rx480

May 5, 2020
I thought removing an un-compatible fixed it but it started to happen again. Basically regardless of the quality preset, some games skip frames every second or so. It is like freezing but for a milisecond and it happens almost every second. I observe this in some games like Snowrunner and Fallen Order but Overwatch and Witcher 3 seems to be working perfectly. This behavior also happens in almost every benchmark including Firestrike. I already tried DDU and fresh Windows also observed the temps and they seem perfectly fine. I do not really know what to do, when I put this system together it was running Benchmarks without a sweat not the same benchmark freezes every second and it is frustating.

Old post: forums.tomshardware.com/threads/frames-freeze-every-second-while-gaming.3602619/

Specs:

Win 10 buid 1909

CPU: i5-6500 Skylake

GPU: MSI RX480 8G Gaming X

RAM: Corsair 8G

PSU: Tauro M Plus 600W 80 Bronze

MOBO: MSI B150m Mortar Arctic

Also got a 240gb Ssd for OS and a 1Tb hdd for other stuff.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS