Question Frame Skipping.

Mar 25, 2019
So all games i ran would be jerking forward every 2 seconds like clockwork. I updated everything, reset everything. Ran every test i could fathom and nothing would fix it. Couldnt find any dropped frames. Finally i ran across a random guy saying how to increase performance in the advanced Boot options setting number of processors to maximum. I did this and the jitter is almost gone. It now happens once every 30 seconds but that may just be everyday jitter. So i think i fixed it, but i want to know why it was a problem in the first place. Intel i7-5820k (12CPU's)

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Monitor your CPU+GPU temperatures + CPU/GPU utilisation and see if there's something odd going on there whilst playing games (clock speeds going down, running higher than 85 degrees etc.).

Also what kind of framerates are you getting on which Hz monitor? It might simply be poor frame pacing due to framerates running higher than your monitor's refresh rate. Try enabling V-Sync for fun to see what that does.

If that's all looking good and everything seems okay, it can technically be your system being supplied with poor power. But the chance of that is probably little.