framerate problems with my nvidia riva 128zx *DELETED*

G

Duh,u have intergarted video, no wonder u get bad framerates

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
All is not lost! I have had EXCELLENT results overclocking the Riva128ZX chip! Download Powerstrip or a similar overclocking program and try it! BTW, the stock heatsink just won't do for serious overclocking-find the biggest self-adhesive heatsink/fan that will fit (it looks like you hav room for even a Pentium cooler there!), and put it on. If a Pentium cooler won't fit, use a 486 cooler. If you can't find one, ask the local junk computer dealer. Or use a blue orb. If you can't find one with adhesive, get frag tape from an overclockers site. Or Artic Silver Epoxy. You should be able to get about 50% better clock speed out of it with proper cooling. You'll be amazed at the results!
Because of the limits of PCI you would be better off overclocking your graphics chip or buying a motherboard with AGP slot.

Suicide is painless...........

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
120fps in 800x600? are you joking? your video chipset is working fine - crappy.

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone will ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

G

im not getting 120fps in 800x600 i dont know where u got that grizzly. im getting more like 20-25fps in 640x480. also i think it may be overheating cus i felt it and it burnt my fingers it was so hot (its WAY hotter than my cpu!) and ive never overclocked it or messed with it. im not sure if this is normal or what could sombody plz tell me if that is normal?

G

I just got my open gl drivers working (for some reason they wernt working before) and it fixed my framerate problem (i got a steady 50-60fps on it sometimes it even jumped to 100!) but the bugs on opengl are horrible! so i have a awful choice: bugs (open GL) or bad frame rates (direct x) is ther any way to fix this problem? e-mail me at bdt1300@yahoo.com and ill give you some screenshots showing my problem. (note: i think you have to have a snapshot viewer program to view these im not sure)

DurocShark

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
The 128 OpenGL visuals sucked. That's why, even though the Riva was faster, the VooDoo1 was still the card of choice. You don't have much choice there other than to upgrade.

DirectX games are wonderful on the Riva128. In fact, mine is still in my son's p166. :) The voodoo1 is on the shelf.