sameer.mogallur

Reputable
Aug 2, 2018
Hi, as the title suggests, my frames the last 2 days have been around 50 but wavering between 40-90 ish

It's weird because I usually run at 120 which is my monitor's refresh rate with the games and settings I play.

Here are my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
GPU: 3070 ti
RAM: 32 gb 3600 speed
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME
PSU: NZXT C (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Basically new
Chassis: Corsair iCUE 5000X ATX Mid Tower Case
Monitor: Alienware AW3420DW

My GPU temps aren't really going above 35-40 C and I have overclocked recently, but I was running 120 frames with it earlier, so I don't see why this is happening.

Last edited:
Solution
A computer comprises of more than just a processor, GPU and ram. You're advised to pass on your full systems specs. Please do so like this:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU as well.

Have you tried uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU then manually reinstalling said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, with the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site?

Lutfij

Titan
A computer comprises of more than just a processor, GPU and ram. You're advised to pass on your full systems specs. Please do so like this:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Have you tried uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU then manually reinstalling said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, with the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site?

Solution

sameer.mogallur

Reputable
Aug 2, 2018
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Hi, I added the additional information and your suggestion worked. Thank you so much for your response

Reactions: Lutfij

sameer.mogallur

Reputable
Aug 2, 2018
What might have changed since all was well two days ago?

I might suspect that windows has pushed out a less than optimal update.

See if you can't use system restore to reset back to an earlier good time.

I thought it was a heatwave in my area, but it wasn't temps. I did also have a windows update recently, but reinstalling drivers seemed to work. I wonder what exactly went wrong. Thank you for your response though I appreciate it