Frames per second

bozzcat

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
Hi all my name is Wayne and I live in Australia, my system is as follows,AMD Athlon 2100 XP Palimino.256 mgb of Kingmax DDR 333.Asusa7v333 M/Bord with a via Kt266 chipset,40 gb Maxtor Viper H/Drive.GE-force 4 MX 440 with the latest nvidia driver version 40.72, operating system Windows Xp Pro. My question is that I am only averaging around 30/55 frames a second in flight sim 2002 and combat flight sim2.I have tried changing settings in the actuall games , but to no advantage.I have a tweaker that came with the latest driver which includes overclocking graphics card. open gl settings, direct 3d settings and would like to know where I should start with these additional settings to try and increase the frame rate,or if it will help or is there something else I can try ."Hoping some one can help"
thankyou all, cheers
Wayne

eden

Champion
Hey dude, sorry to disappoint you but the game performs like this!

For starters, my XP1600+ with a Ti200 has frame rate around 30FPS in FS2002, and that's with medium settings. You really would need an ultimate system like a Pentium 4 3.06GHZ with a Radeon 9700PRO to enjoy everything maxed out.

Additionally I am surprised it performs this well on your MX440, being a cheaper card than the Ti200.

Really, although you can OC, I see little advantage in THIS sim. Better system specs will likely make this game run better, especially a better CPU, though an XP2100 is plenty for today's games.

Sorry that you could not be able to get a more positive answer out of this, but I'm in the same boat as you here!

--
**Canadian joke:
Here we don't say the word "retarded", we say "Alliance"! -Mike Bullard**

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
Get rid of the MX series video card. It's meant for Casual gamers only. If you know what FPS stands for you should not have bought that card.

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=327" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>

bozzcat

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
Thanks rubberbband, yes I suppose you are right thanks for the advice man.Weapon's Tech hey wow , good one ,Im into the radio controlled aircraft, friend has a Grummen Hellcat,86 inch wing span , with a 74cc 2 stoke gasoline engine, flys great. I am currently flying a 74 inch Sukhoi Su 31 aerobatic , with a 38 cc engine
Cheers
Wayne

eden

Champion
Otherwise go for the simple FS95. :tongue:
I love that sim, feels nostalgic yet simple. Love flying calmly over Munich Ridge!

--
**Canadian joke:

eden

Champion
Yes but FS2002, despite being more video card dependant, seems to really rely on CPU. It DOES NOT use DirectX8 technology therefore the MX is giving him the proper treatment as any card, so it's his CPU mainly. I don't expect a Radeon 9700PRO to shoot FPS to 200FPS, but it would make a sizeable difference in anti-aliasing and such.

--
**Canadian joke: