Question Frametime problems

waynebouvett

Prominent
Feb 4, 2019
So i had a new gaming PC and i had i5-8400 and a RTX 2080 then i changed everything because i had unstable framtimes now i have i7-9700k and a rtx 2080 and it's still having unstable frametimes it spikes to around 678000ms this happens to all games that i have.

waynebouvett

Prominent
Feb 4, 2019
How often are these spikes (please share a screen shot from Afterburner of your performance over a few minutes)? Have they gotten more or less frequent?

In game do you notice these spikes or not?
https://ibb.co/gDP7XqS , https://ibb.co/f0BcKz4 . The problem is that if i have 60 fps i should have 16ms but it spikes to 20's and 60's and sometimes even 5000's

Last edited:

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
It very well could be false readings, especially if you're playing something that you get very high average fps in. It also could be if you're using v-sync, or freesync, etc. If you're not seeing the frametime issues visually in game (HUGE spikes like that would cause a visible stutter) then the issue is not there.

Aug 17, 2019
I got spikes over 2 milion biggest was 2mln 400k.
My frametime looks same. It look sams but not always. No pattern totally random and I'm freezing sometimes as well

waynebouvett

Prominent
Feb 4, 2019
It very well could be false readings, especially if you're playing something that you get very high average fps in. It also could be if you're using v-sync, or freesync, etc. If you're not seeing the frametime issues visually in game (HUGE spikes like that would cause a visible stutter) then the issue is not there.
i don't think it's false readings because i feel the spikes and the lag like when it's 60 fps it feels like 30 for some reason and when i look around in a game it is chucky it isn't smooth at all

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
This happens to all games

motherboard = Rog strix z390-f(new)
Cpu = i7-9700k(new)
gpu = rtx 2080(new)
16gb ram(new)
850w power supply

More detail on every part of your system (make model speed etc) . 850w PSU tells me nothing. Nor does 16gb of ram

i don't think it's false readings because i feel the spikes and the lag like when it's 60 fps it feels like 30 for some reason and when i look around in a game it is chucky it isn't smooth at all

Are you using vsync, or gsync? Can you video this behavior?