Question Frametime spike/ stutter every 1 minute and 15 secs.

Jun 10, 2019
Hello,

I've been working on this problem for months now and tried a ton of different fixes.

I have an issue with frametime spikes when playing Apex Legend but not other games. What is interesting about my problem is that my frametime spikes occur like clockwork; its predictable (see attached). I was wondering if anyone has seen this before. If so, is it a hardware issue?

The Rig:
GPU - EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Black Gaming,8GB GDDR6, Dual HDB Fans Graphics Card 08G-P4-1071-KR (Undervolte... ~2000MHz Core Clock, 7500MHz Mem Clock, Undervolt @ 975Mv)

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (OC-4.2GHz at 1.35v)

MOBO - MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port WiFi Crossfire...

RAM - G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) (PC4 25600) F4-3200C16D-16GTZR (OC 3400 MHz)

PSU - TX750m Corsair

The computer is stable and cool. Frametime,ms spikes still occur when everything is set to stock.

I've tried:

Stock, Overclocking, and Undervolting

Trying another PSU and GPU

Different configurations for virtual memory

moving and reseating RAM

Running ISLC

DDU Nvidia graphics drivers (Newest and older versions)

Update Windows via Windows 10 Update Assistant.

Messing around regedit (think usual "Apex improvement" video on YouTube, nothing advanced)

disabling HPED

unparking CPU cores

and a whole lot of other things I've forgotten over the past month.

One thing I've noticed is that my RAM usage is in the 7500's MB when other games (with no stutter) sit around 4500-5000 MB. Maybe this has something to do with it.

Let me know what you think. I'll be checking back!

Thanks for any insight or help.

Jun 10, 2019
I am starting to think it is the newest driver. For some reason after today, I can't load any of the older drivers. I did do one thing that may be a hint. I did a test and just looked at a wall for the 1 min and 15 secs and I still got the frametime spike/frame loss

Jun 10, 2019
I tired on three different drives with no luck. Maybe the motherboard is bad? Its the only thing I haven't really examined. I appreciate the help though

Jun 10, 2019
Flashed it! notta, I still get 75s stutters. I am about to do something stupid.....I'm going to throw money at it. I just ordered a new board. I'm going from the B450 to a X470. After all the stuff I tried, I think the MOBO is not communicating to all the parts fluently and I lost the silicon lottery somewhere.
I'll report back.

TRENDING THREADS