Fraps recorded file issues with windows movie maker.

Jtom2015

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Recently I updated to Windows 10, and after I spent some time recording videos with Fraps, I tried to place them in Windows Movie Maker like I have been doing for the last three years. Unfortunately, it gave me error. I spent the better part of four hours last night looking for a semi decent replacement for what I do. I use Windows movie maker, because it allows me to take hundred gigabyte files and split them into 12 minute sections, as well as render them out quickly with the best quality I have yet to see anywhere else. All other programs are overly complicated, or churn out terrible quality videos that take hours to render. Any help on how to get Movie maker working again, otherwise I might just give up recording anything.

I have tried reinstalling Fraps, Movie Maker. I also downloaded the newest version of K-Lite Codecs. I was able to play the videos in Windows Media Player Classic.

PC Specs if it helps:
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 980 @ 3.7GHz
MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3G GDDR5
RAM: 16GB PNY @1333MHz
HDD: Seagate 500GB Hybrid
HDD1: Seagate 2TB @7200RPM

Lutfij

Titan
Is your BIOS and remaining device drivers up to date namely the graphics card drivers? You seem to be in possession of a GTX780 and as far as most threads on the net have shown there may be an issue in the graphics card's drivers released by Nvidia themselves. Revert to a previous stable version of your graphics card drivers and see if any change is seen.

Root out the corruption in your OS by performing a repair install. What sort of video production do you perform? Gaming sessions alone? Wedding videography? :p

Jtom2015

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
After spending some more time researching, I found out that Fraps has a lot of issues with codecs and Windows 10. I eventually gave up on it. Since nothing creates high quality files on par with Fraps, I just gave up on it all together.