Fraps video file becomes corrupted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricFTW

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
I record with Fraps and I do Minecraft videos on YouTube. Besides the point. Sometimes, not all the time, but more times than not. When I replay the clip to myself to check it out. It says "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file" But it only happening for about a second in the file. If I just skip to the second after the part where it stops it keeps playing. I tried running it through DivXRepair, but no luck. It is a really big issue and causes me to loose very good footage because I can't even edit it out because Movie Maker won't accept the files that are messed up. I can't really call them corrupted because it's only that second it's not the whole file itself. How I record my videos is in 1080p 60fps, and the video file is recorded to a a Toshiba External hard drive through a USB 3.0 PCI Express port. Maybe it's because the file has to travel through that, but I forgot to mention it sometimes happens multiple times on a video making me wonder if it is because sometimes the USB pauses and desyncs stuff and it causes that second to be lost. Any help would be amazing! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.