Fraustration -> windows 7 bsod on a brand new machine!!

serum9

Honorable
May 18, 2012
hey, bought a new machine as part of my new home studio, installed windows 7 all the hardware drivers which came with it, ran windows update and installed all the recommended packages, since the day after i keep getting around 2-3 bsod's a day and its been a week since. couldnt find any solution on google for the specific msg i get, installed an application called "whocrashed" which shows the crash log and this is what came out, the rest are the same:

On Wed 11/07/2012 20:39:22 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: iusb3xhc.sys (iusb3xhc+0x2FD97)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x2C, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800948FD97)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iusb3xhc.sys
product: USB 3.0 Device Driver
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: iusb3xhc.sys (Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: iusb3xhc.sys Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Tue 10/07/2012 14:36:04 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071012-7378-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70040)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x2C, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88008F06D97)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

my machine consists of the following:

processor: Intel 3770k
mobo : Gigabyte z77x-ud5h
memory: g.skill ares 4x4gb 1600mhz
gfx: asus ti 560gtx
ssd: crucial m4
hdd: wd black caviar 2tb

nothing else i could find releavent to list, please assist im deeply fraustrated

JustLurking

Distinguished
May 23, 2012
Quick guess - maybe it's related to this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/236644-bsod-mostly-when-printing-photos-ntoskrnl-exe-iusb3xhc-sys.html

(scroll down to alimbo's post, 3rd from the bottom on the first page.. he says:

Same thing i posted in another thread : Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller drivers are broken and cause bsods, hangups and some other errors when you plug external devices into the non USB 3.0 ports.

You have to uninstall the drivers in the standardsoftware folder NOT! in the device manager or it causes other bugs maybe.

When the broken intel drivers are uninstalled you can use all ports with 2.0 Speed only but without any errors. Just wait for working USB 3.0 drivers from Intel for your Panther Point Chipset even it could take a bit longer lol.

serum9

Honorable
May 18, 2012
attempting to uninstall the usb 3 drivers directly from its folder i recieved a msg "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" so i uninstalled from the windows programs uninstall wizard in control panel, i have no idea wether it would fix this, i posted a msg on this sevenforums.com forum which includes a system report and an output from their bsod tool if any of you could check it out here http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/239925-bsod-brand-new-machine-freshly-installed-windows-7-a.html
btw if im running windows 7 64 bit why were the install drivers installed in the x86 program files folder?

serum9

Honorable
May 18, 2012
anyways this explaination does not seem logical to me, i guess that this usb controller is kinda standard on most of the motherboards, if i do not use the driver provided i cannot integrate usb3 devices with my pc and the usb connectors on the front of my case are non-operational, what else can be done ?

howard69

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

the one thing that causes bsod and reboots on Win7 platforms here (all non server Win 7 flavors)
is specialized .ddl drivers in video and security camera software.
happens with different MBs.
happens with different RAMs.
happens with Intel and AMD.

we've just set the necessary apps to restart when the systems reboot
and leave them run.

there MAY be USB issues... but our systems seem much more sensitive
to the other problem noted above.

i suspect MS could update a more crash resistant build if they put
some effort into this.

serum9

Honorable
May 18, 2012
suggestion: could it be that the bsod occours because the intel usb drivers are installed in the x86 program files dir instead of the 64dir "program files"? if so then the installation does not provide with an option to select what version im interested in, please advise.

serum9

Honorable
May 18, 2012

done 5 passes, all clear.

alf93360

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
blue screen : iusb3xhc.sys (drivers intel USB3)

Hello sorry for my inglish. (en français à la fin)

If you don't found on unninstall program : Intel USB3 , don't try directly on control panel / device manager, because you have a blue screen!

First: start W7 in safe mode, and after: control panel / device manager / serial bus controller.

Press right on alls intel USB3 and unninstall.

Start W7 normal mode, and automatically Windows install the good drivers.
Be carrefull about software like drivers doctor......them install mistake drivers!

En français:
Si vous avez l'écran bleue et que l'erreur vient de Intel USB3:
Si dans désinstaller un programme vous ne trouvez rien concernant intel USB3:
Vous pouvez toujours essayer de restaurer votre pc à un point précédent, mais comme les drivers plantes, ça n'a pas fonctionné!

Démarrer en mode sans échec!!! Sinon écran bleue à nouveau!

désinstaller directement dans : démarrer/ panneau de configuration / gestionnaire des périphériques / contrôleurs de bus USB

clic droit sur tout ce qui concerne USB3 et désinstaller.

Démarrer Windows normalement et laisser le installer les bon pilotes!

voilà après plusieurs heures, c'est la seule solution qui a fonctionnée, attention aux logiciels comme Drivers doctor..... car c'est eux qui m'ont mis les Usb3 à jour avec des erreurs! Le point de sauvegarde n'a servi à rien!

Caused by incompatible drivers,

"Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
That is your clue that the driver will not run in this system.
delete current video driver, try installing a different video driver from the Asus website...
Try a different non-asus video card / different drivers.

Also internet provider drivers / software may not be compatible.
Sometimes changing from one internet (RG) to another port (USB) and a different driver will solve it.

Anyhow, if you remove the driver, the problem will usually stop happening.

Turn OFF security and firewall while installing drivers / software...restart then turn security back ON after successful installation.

Legion93

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

Why not? RAM is one of the major causes of bsod errors, resetting CMOS can help (might not) depending on the issue, it is worth a try. Also resetting BIOS to factory settings is a very simple process and can help overcome quite a few issues.