Free DVD decoder?

Anyone know where I can download a good free DVD decoder that will play all
popular formats?

James,

I saw a free one mentioned in another newsgroup with a disclaimer regarding
availability. If I can find it, I'll send it along later. The problem with
free is that there is a licensing fee for using the codecs.

In the meantime have a look here:
http://www.surpluscomputers.net/store/main.aspx.

They have versions of PowerDVD for $3 and $4 including shipping.

Wayne