Free memory problem

deathil93

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010
Hi,
I have a weird problem. On my D drive there are 700 and something GB in total, however, it showes only 1.96Mb of free space, what is more weird is that the total files (including the hidden ones) are only 62Gb.

I've tried CC Cleaner, deleted temp files, emptied recycle bin, cleared out old system restore points, the whole 9 yards, but the problem won't go away.

Can anyone help me? its driving me insane! :cry:

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
It's probably has bad sectors and can't be recovered, sorry but there's probably nothing you can do about it. Happened to me before, 250 gb drive showing up as about 20 gb.

If there's a system in there, what the size of the folder %systemroot%windows\winsxs folder? You may find Googling for and installing a little free utility called SpaceMonger useful here. If holdingholder is right, try running Checkdisk with the two boxes ticked to find and fix errors.

deathil93

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010

I'm running the CheckDisk now and no, the D drive isn't the system drive, does the program you suggested still applies?

deathil93

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010
^^THANK YOU! I love you man haha
Apperently it was the system restore, took out like 600GB of storage, tought I deleted all the restore points, guess not.