Free Money, XP Boost Coming to WoW Guilds

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimyeang88

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
that's why i quit WoW. they are trying to make us busy by doing these events. :D
I'm having happy life now. However when i play WoW, it was also fun but i just feel i wasted too much time. So i quit.

pangedit

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I quit wow too like 1 month after cataclysm but not for the same reason as you. WoW really is the best mmorpg around but its seriously old and its time for it to just die in a corner and be succeeded by a new mmo.

brettms71

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Wow is like a full time job now. I'm hoping The Secret World will come soon and be good as a casual game as well. No more need for Alts and the full time job feeling hopefully.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I quit WoW about a 2 weeks ago.
The random dungeon ques for 85 have steadily gotten longer and longer to the point were it was a 2/2.5 hour wait for a que(if ur dps).
Now after having gone thru the bg treadmill for 4 toons on LK, im tired of it...

No one, on my server at least, wants to pug raids either. Blizzard killed healers, bad idea, this also caused randoms to die out, see above.......

Whats more, overall, Cata feels the same as LK... BC... but the zones feel more disorganized.

PvP is broken also, way, way, way, way, too many stuns/interrupts crazy messed up things that make your toon dead so quick, unless you are wired on meth, there's nothing you can do about it..

I had to run up a pimp hunter to keep interested in the game/PvP, but that died too around lvl 74, when the play started to match 85.

So, that's the end of that, 4 yrs of play, 4 85's, a handful of 80/70's, and it all has come to an end...
Long Live World Of Warcrack....

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I'd love a Warcraft 3 style online game (with better gfx :), with Blizzard adding new stories and cut-scenes, like every month, or once in awhile.

G

well i quit wow like years ago , blizzard must understand that people have to work eat & sleep before they have time to play wow. if the buid wow in a way that force us hook up to it 24/7(which is they are ) then they will keep on losing customers.

punnar

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
I've been playing wow on and off for about 5 years now. Before that and in between are EQ, EQ2, AOC, Aion, SC2, and of course Angry Birds. I know people that played wow like it was going out of style specially when cata came out and they leveled so quickly and got achievements before anyone. These same people have canceled their accounts and moved on to other games, for now at least. Same peeps quit before but came back, just like it do. Games are meant to be fun and if you're not having fun, then quit.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
From the comments above I am glad my WoW addiction lasted only 6 months, only one character leveled up.
I quit when one of the smaller upgrades, not expansion packs, came out. I had already maxed out all I could in gear, and new gear just came along, and I had to do it all over again, and I said "this is enough" and just stopped.

[citation][nom]punnar[/nom]Games are meant to be fun and if you're not having fun, then quit.[/citation]

Ding ding ding.

It doesn't matter if it takes your whole time as long as you have fun.

I haven't quit WoW, but I usually stop playing half way of the expansion cause I get bored of the content. So far, Cata has been good and fun, so I still play it and by no means I'm a "hardcore" player (but I'm not a baddie, lol). I log for like 2 hours a day (if I can... haven't logged in like 2 weeks due to overtime work =/). Week ends I play a lil' more: 4 to 8 hours if I don't have to do other stuff. I do Arenas/BGs, some dungeon'ing and haven't raid cause of lack of time for 'em. Still, I can't say I've been bored while I was logged in.

Anyway, good to see Blizz is still getting new stuff to do in WoW.

Cheers!

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
So instead of adding new content to explore, they're adding new systems to make you run the old content more often. (Even though everyone is already running the old content repeatedly already)

Waste of time... sigh.

MMORPGs are just running out of fresh ideas it seems.

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]So instead of adding new content to explore, they're adding new systems to make you run the old content more often. (Even though everyone is already running the old content repeatedly already)Waste of time... sigh.MMORPGs are just running out of fresh ideas it seems.[/citation]

Actually 4.1 is offering two new 5man heroic dungeons, arena season 11 and other changes. Cata has been out since Dec 7th. Not even four months and old content? I dont see many guilds with all dungeons beat in normal let alone heroic. Blizzard has the next tier of raids ready but they opted out of this patch due to so few people experiencing the current end game raid content.

A few other notes would be to the people complaining about broken PvP, its called resilence .....thats why you are dying so quickly you have none. My shadow priest has 3400 and it negates 39.8% of incoming damage. What this means is you survive about 50% longer ...I am including the STA bonus's on PvP stuff.

People who complain about lack of content need to actually not be bad at the game. Yes running a 5man heroic everyday for epics is boring try Raiding.....most raid instances can be cleared in 2-3 hours. And for people who say PvP is broken, get some resilence and it is actually quite fun.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]ENVymert[/nom]Cata has been out since Dec 7th. Not even four months and old content? I dont see many guilds with all dungeons beat in normal let alone heroic.[/citation]
Doing the raid in both normal AND heroic sounds a lot like running the old content more often... but then I don't play WoW anymore so I must be wrong, you are the expert seems.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Cancelled my WoW sub yesterday. I picked up Rift about a month ago and have been playing that instead, its a nice change. I don't see myself going back to WoW even if I lose interest in Rift ... I've been playing WoW since beta so there's pretty much nothing they could do to get my interest back at this point.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
woot my guild is close to the extra xp hats so this'll help out getting there

to the guy sayign most guilds haven't done all regular dungeon content... my guild is casual we only raid 1-2 nights a week if we have the paopo-le on and we've already cleared most of the raid content >_<

and regular dungeons are cake just don't stand in glowy stuf fis 90% of the fights

millerm84

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ENVymert[/nom] A few other notes would be to the people complaining about broken PvP, its called resilence .....thats why you are dying so quickly you have none. My shadow priest has 3400 and it negates 39.8% of incoming damage. What this means is you survive about 50% longer ...I am including the STA bonus's on PvP stuff. People who complain about lack of content need to actually not be bad at the game. Yes running a 5man heroic everyday for epics is boring try Raiding.....most raid instances can be cleared in 2-3 hours. And for people who say PvP is broken, get some resilence and it is actually quite fun.[/citation]

That's the number on issue in the game, skill

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]Doing the raid in both normal AND heroic sounds a lot like running the old content more often... but then I don't play WoW anymore so I must be wrong, you are the expert seems.[/citation]
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]um...."new 5man heroic dungeons"Um - Exactly how "NEW" are Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman? Both are rehashed raid dungeons that are now several years old...[/citation]

If you haven't cleared all the raid bosses which according to WoWprogress 65%+ guilds have not you cannot claim no new content since the stuff in game you have seen all of....thats like saying in Oblivion or Dragon Age that there is no content when you play stright through and do not do any side quests. Or like saying CoD(any title) isnt good because singleplayer is only 6-8 hours.

Rehashed dungeons ...the zone and bosses/encounters are completely updated and different. But from what your saying any boss in a 5 man or raid is rehashed because its 5/10/25 people attack boss/win/get loot.

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
[citation][nom]millerm84[/nom]That's the number on issue in the game, skill[/citation]

That is absolutely true the majority of people bitching about no new content are people that never raid ...and suck at PvP. I

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Rift is new and fresh, wow is well wow and cata didn't bring to much excitment and it feels more like a hotted up wotlk but with:
* Red color theme
* Gearsets with bigger numbers
* New abilities (many of them are just copied from another class with different name like timewarp for instance)

Sure i enjoyed it but i'm starting to loose intrest, mostly due to the lack of new inovation. Feels like your character is walking in the exact same old shoes.

G

All I hear is 'Zomg I quit WoW cuz it sux lol'. If you quit WoW, why are you checking on 4.1 content? If you really did quit, you're supposed to stop looking at these things too. :L
Kinda annoying when I come here to read what's up with the new stuff, and only read comments about people quitting and RIFT (Which is a copy of WoW, for as far as I know).

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
It was designed to be simple?? Wow, what a difference considering the rest of wow is incredibly deep and complex.....oh wait, no it's not. It's a terrible game that does nothing but show the lackluster intelligence of the average person.

Status
Not open for further replies.