Question Free monitor, free sync?

Barkfunklerbunk

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
I'm going to be receiving a free monitor, an ASUS VE245H. Seems to be a pretty good monitor, albeit quite old.. but it's 1080p, pretty quick response time 5ms, and FREE. It's in mint condition, afaik.
I'm wondering if this monitor has free sync? Also, seems to be conflicting specs on different websites as far as power consumption, response time, refresh rate, and free sync. According to the Asus website, this monitor model does have free sync and response time is 1ms, but can't find any sort of date of manufacturing. Perhaps they still make this model #. Manufacture date on this particular monitor is April 2010.
Does this monitor have free sync?
I'll end up taking this monitor regardless, but just curious. Beggars can't be choosers!

Barkfunklerbunk

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
I'm going to be receiving a free monitor, an ASUS VE245H. Seems to be a pretty good monitor, albeit quite old.. but it's 1080p, pretty quick response time 5ms, and FREE. It's in mint condition, afaik.
I'm wondering if this monitor has free sync? Also, seems to be conflicting specs on different websites as far as power consumption, response time, refresh rate, and free sync. According to the Asus website, this monitor model does have free sync and response time is 1ms, but can't find any sort of date of manufacturing. Perhaps they still make this model #. Manufacture date on this particular monitor is April 2010.
Does this monitor have free sync?
I'll end up taking this monitor regardless, but just curious. Beggars can't be choosers!
A simple google search tells me free sync was released initially in 2014. Moderators please feel free to delete this thread.