Question Free package that can run a slideshow on a incase display i

Apr 19, 2023
I'm making a custom case project with a built in mini display that I want to run slideshow, so I'm looking for a free package that can run in the background and not be visible on the bar at the bottom of the main screen.

The mini display is just an hdmi screen.

Any ideas?

Apr 19, 2023
A slideshow goes full screen so you don't see the task bar at all.

Not sure why that's not the answer? Can you help us understand what you're thinking as to why that's not good enough
There are two screens, I'd like to run the slideshow automatically on one screen without it having a presence on the first screen. For example if I run a PowerPoint presentation on one screen it shows up on the bar at the bottom of the other and the use can do things like closing it by accident.

Ideally I'd like something that only has a presence in the notification area.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Ok I see your dilemma now. Even if something could be hidden on the taskbar you'll still likely run into the same issue of it randomly closing or minimizing as you use the PC for other stuff.

My suggestion would be a vm set to kiosk mode for the slideshow. Kiosk mode is for exactly what you are doing. It'll auto start your slideshow n let nothing else happen. Run that from a VM on your small screen, then your free to use the PC on the other screen to do whatever you want. The vm would need minimal resources. Maybe 2 cores and 4 gb ram at most for win 10 to run a slideshow smoothly