Question Free video editor for making video tutorials or educational videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitzsec

Reputable
Nov 21, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a video editor with drag/drop funcionality, you know like those mobile apps or powerpoint easy animation tools, the main features I need:
  1. Drag and drop animations like bounce, rotate, fade, swipe, swirl etc
  2. Drag and drop transitions/lower thirds etc
  3. Drag and drop icons, hints, callouts, notes etc
  4. MOST IMPORTANT: To offer flexiblity of downloading new templates/assets/effects from the internet not limited to their own online store
  5. MUST BE OFFLINE not ONLINE
  6. I don't mind paying for it

Software I tried so far and why I didn't like them:
  1. Powerpoint: Is perfect for making such educational content and it even has video export option but it takes ages to export
  2. Capcut: Easy drag and drop but lacks some other basic functions like editing width/height of an object and is limited to store assets
  3. After effects: Requires a lot of work to produce a simple animation like bounce effect
  4. Democreator: Way too far from being used for that purpose, it's over-advertised
  5. Camtasia: Seems like a cool option but lacks the variety of out-of-store resources

1. Powerpoint: Is perfect for making such educational content and it even has video export option but it takes ages to export
What kind of hardware do you have? If your PC is weak it will take a long time to encode a video no matter what software you use.
Also the higher the resolution the longer it will take, if you choose 4k output it will take forever.

If you have a dedicated GPU with hardware acceleration for 264 encoding you could just play the presentation in full screen and use OBS to record the screen in real-time.

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
If you have Windows, Clipchamp.
Best app for video editing I've used by far
If your on the latest version of Windows it should be already installed on your computer, but no one knows they have it since its hidden. If you dont have it its easy to download

Status
Not open for further replies.