Free Windows 10 after July 29th?!

mundus_senescit

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Hello,

I would like some help, if it's possible. So, I bought a new PC which arrived after July 29th. Which means I didn't catch up with the free Windows 10 download/upgrade deadline. So, I've installed a cr@cked version of Windows 10 Home. And, obviously, now says that my license will expire soon.
My question is, is there any way to still get free Windows 10? If I use the product key from my laptop which runs Windows 7, will it activate? And if it does, will Windows get disabled on my laptop? Any solution possible will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
NO, do not attempt to transfer OS or whatever you think you can do.
It is impossible, as the laptop will have an OEM copy of Windows, and will likely be 32 bit, meaning it won't support more than 4GB of RAM.
Buy a new copy of Windows 10 for your desktop, and that's it.
No loopholes, you're going to need to buy a new copy of Windows.
You can upgrade freely to Windows 10 still.
It can be done through a method which involves using the link for those with needs for assistive technologies.
It just asks you to tick a box and you are free to download an upgrade software from the microsoft website.
Feels a bit scummy using a link intended for disabled people, but it works. ;)
Link

Kiril_Petkov

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
What is wrong with your Windows 7? MS don't offer any more Windows 10 upgrade. If you want to have Windows 10 so badly you should buy it.
P.S.: Windows 10 upgrade was never free you should have already older Windows.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its cost was your licence if you chose to upgrade. It was never free, it was a swap. Swap 7/8 for 10, Anyone with anything prior to 7 or no windows at all had to pay full price. Now apart from one loophole which may or may not last forever, its not free.

mundus_senescit

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Ok guys. Thank you all for your answers. Some of you may misunderstood what I've said. My PC came with no operating system at all. Windows 7 are installed on my old laptop. As I get it, I have to install Windows 7 firstly on my PC and then use this loophole. Am I correct? And also, as I've seen numerous times on the web, that means that I will lose Windows 7 from the laptop as I will be using the product key of it . Am I right again?

NO, do not attempt to transfer OS or whatever you think you can do.
It is impossible, as the laptop will have an OEM copy of Windows, and will likely be 32 bit, meaning it won't support more than 4GB of RAM.
Buy a new copy of Windows 10 for your desktop, and that's it.
No loopholes, you're going to need to buy a new copy of Windows.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS