FreedomPop Launches 'Premium' Voice Service Using Old-Fashioned 2G

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc12

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
Good write-up, with good explanations of how FP works. But where did this come from? I see no info on this in my FP account plans.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Good write-up, with good explanations of how FP works. But where did this come from? I see no info on this in my FP account plans.

This comes straight from FreedomPop. Kevin (the author) spoke with them at length. It may be yet to roll out to you--I would ping their customer service and ask.

rc12

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015

Thanks for the reply. Voice quality has been my only misgiving about FP, so $3/mo. will be a worthwhile upgrade.

quadrider21

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
HA! I just returned my FP Galaxy S3 yesterday becuase I couldn't cosistanly make good calls over the data network in my area. I would of held onto it for a few more days if I knew this was coming to try it out.

thetradingdonkey

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
FP can't even keep my phone operational, been out for 5 days and counting, and I'm a paying customer not on a free account. Maybe they should fix their screwed up billing system that shuts off phones that they then can't reactivate before they launch any new plans for them to screw up.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Ouch, that's quite an accusation. Can you elaborate? (I'm not taking a position for or against, just asking the question.)

Jo Stone

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
I bought a phone over 6 weeks ago from Freedompop, and I have yet to get service on it. The phone was a refurbished piece o'f junk, so I got another phone. And I haven't been able to get my freedompop number transferred from the first POS phone to my new one, and I've been trying for 5 days. I'm ready to give up on them.

Jo Stone

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
I am not sure why they even bother to have a service. They aren't making any money from the majority of customers, who have free service, and they don't want to/can't provide anything resembling customer service, either by email or phone. Why bother to be in business? What's the point of their existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.