Question freenas problem

dmmass

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
So i want to install freenas on an old pc but i cant seem to install it. I've tried installing it on hdd and on an ssd (tested and working fine). The freenas image is on a cd becouse the board wont boot from usb. The strange thing that happens is the install steps start 1of 4 and the system turns of randomly, sometimes on 40% sometimes on 80% all on step 1 of install. After that i need to reformat the drive because then when i try to install it instantly says install failed. I have noticed some error while freenas loads, here they are. The specs of the pc are as follows, and this is not the final build. Mobo: supermicro pdsma+ , 2gb ddr2 RAM, wd blue 240gb and kingston a400 120gb ssd, pcix supermicro controller (sat2-mv8 for extra sata ports) intel celeron (64bit cant remember bu i also have a core 2 duo 4300).

dmmass

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
Your CD-ROM, installation CD, or both, are bad.
it had a problem with the cd becouse it doesn't like from what I've seen to be burned on faster settings, when i set to slow it burns freenas to the cd as it should, but it still restarts on the first step of install

Jun 28, 2019
FreeNAS has a pretty good forum. Go there and have Cyberjock or Jgrecco beat you up one side and down the other. But really, your hardware is not up to the task.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS