[SOLVED] Freesync 2 or Freesync? Wich one to buy

tinoferrol

Honorable
Sep 16, 2017
Im thinking on buying a 24" monitor for gaming and watch movies, and Im wondering about which one of this technologies should I choose. I read that Freesync monitors are compatible with nvidia cards, however Freesync 2 monitors only with AMD cards. Also I read that Freesync 2 is a too recent technology and its not worth it for now...

So what is yout opinion guys? Which one will be more future proof?I am also taking an eye on this monitor:
LG 24GL650-B

Solution
FreeSyncFreeSync Premium (new)FreeSync Premium Pro
Formerly known as FreeSync 2 HDR
  • Tear free
  • Low flicker
  • Low latency
  • At least 120 Hz at min FHD resolution
  • Low framerate compensation
  • Tear free
  • Low flicker
  • Low latency
  • HDR capabilities and game support
  • Tear free
  • Low flicker
  • Low latency in SDR and HDR

If you already have an nvidia card go for freesync premium if not still go for freesync premium just for the low framerate compensation. Since hdr support is pretty crappy right now and true hdr monitors cost upwards of 1k. Its not...

DustyDanglerX

Distinguished
  • Tear free
  • Low flicker
  • Low latency
  • Tear free
  • Low flicker
  • Low latency
  • Tear free
  • Low flicker

If you already have an nvidia card go for freesync premium if not still go for freesync premium just for the low framerate compensation. Since hdr support is pretty crappy right now and true hdr monitors cost upwards of 1k. Its not worth it in my opinion to get freesync 2 until better panels come out with true local backlight dimming hdr 600 and above.

Solution

DustyDanglerX

Distinguished
  • Tear free
  • Low flicker
  • Low latency
  • Tear free
  • Low flicker
  • Low latency
  • Tear free
  • Low flicker

If you already have an nvidia card go for freesync premium if not still go for freesync premium just for the low framerate compensation. Since hdr support is pretty crappy right now and true hdr monitors cost upwards of 1k. Its not worth it in my opinion to get freesync 2 until better panels come out with true local backlight dimming hdr 600 and above.
Also forgot to add if you have an nvidia car with freesync monitor that is not on the approved list your refresh rate is capped at 100hz