Freesync 75ghz on an Nvidia GPU

CyberAMES

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Hello Guys,

So I'm planning to buy an LG 23MP68VQ which has a freesync feature and clock up to 75hz. Only thing is, I have a Gtx 980. I'm on a tight budget right now so I can't afford any G-sync monitor as of this moment.

So my questions are:
1. Can I still use the 75hz refresh rate on an nvidia card? (since, from what I researched, it can be done if I just set the settings of the freesync on. I might be wrong tho so I needed a second opinion.)
2. Is HDMI cable recommended for this? If yes, 2.0 or 1.4?

Thank you very much :)

Solution
No problem mate , the LG's are very nice screens for the money.
75htz ips you can't go wrong IMO for what they cost.

They're overlooked an awful lot IMO, lot of snobbery when it comes to monitors (which is funny because lg probably make 40% of the actual panels you'll find in other make premium branded screens)
75htz is 75htz irregardless of what GPU you use.
Sobyes you'll get 1080p 75htz native resolution with a 980 no problem at all.

Obviously freesync won't work , there's no setting on the screen for freesync, its built into and GPU drivers.

If you have trouble maintaining a constant 75fps (& that will be down to your CPU because the 980 will manage it easily) then just enable adaptive vsync in nvidia settings.

OR

Disable vsync entirely & set a 75fps frame cap with rivatuner (some prefer this as they'll insist adaptive vsync introduces lag which is not a problem I've ever had personally)

No such thing as an HDMI 2 cable either mate , its a marketing ploy - an HDMI cable is an HDMI cable is an HDMI cable - the difference between HDMI 1.4 & HDMI 2 is on the input/output sockets not the cabling.

HDMI 1.4 is entirely capable of 1080p 75htz anyway so its a non issue.

CyberAMES

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017

I have a 7700k so I think that would sort out the bottleneck issues. Thank you very much for the answers. Much appreciated. :)

No problem mate , the LG's are very nice screens for the money.
75htz ips you can't go wrong IMO for what they cost.

They're overlooked an awful lot IMO, lot of snobbery when it comes to monitors (which is funny because lg probably make 40% of the actual panels you'll find in other make premium branded screens)

Solution