Question Freesync brightness/lighting flickering

n9neman

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
Whenever I have freesync enabled, when I'm in games I get brightness flickering, and its quite noticeable. ESPECIALLY in menus/loading screens (although it still does it outside of menus). It doesnt seem to do it on desktop or anything, just in games.

Things I've tried:
Turning vsync on/off
Capping frames in game
Plugging monitor into wall so its not plugged into the same bar as multiple devices
Downloaded CRU and changed the freesync range.

Does this indicate a faulty GPU or a faulty monitor? Really need some help here as I have a 3060 and am pretty paranoid about it being that.
Not sure if this matters, but its worth noting Im using freesync on an nvidia system. I went into the control panel to enable gsync, but still just throwing that out there.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your panel/monitor and how it's paired with your GPU on your platform? Some monitors tend to have drivers in order to ensure that they're running optimally. Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS version are you currently on(assuming you're on Windows 10)? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? What GPU did you have prior to the RTX3060?

n9neman

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
Make and model of your panel/monitor and how it's paired with your GPU on your platform? Some monitors tend to have drivers in order to ensure that they're running optimally. Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS version are you currently on(assuming you're on Windows 10)? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? What GPU did you have prior to the RTX3060?
Make and model of your monitor: sceptre c248b-144r
How its paired: I have no idea how to check that
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z590 UD AC ATX, ARGB, 802.11ac, 2.5GbE LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 5 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe
Bios version: Dunno how to check that either
Model of PSU: 600 Watts - EVGA 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply.
Age of PSU: I bought this PC prebuilt from cyberpower 2-3 months ago.
Prior GPU: None, as it was prebuilt pc.

n9neman

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
I did some googling and i still have no idea how to find anything about monitor driver order, sorry about that lol