freesync/gsync input latency

reedy777

Honorable
May 3, 2012
So the question is do you still get input latency issues with vsync on at 144hz like with 60hz
My situation is I have a 60hz 4k samsung atm I play alot of csgo with v sync off because of input lag, however my system will render in excess of 300 fps at 1440p so a freesync/gsync monitor should revert to vsync on all the time as the monitor reaches its fastest refresh rate, I need to know if there is still input latency at this point and how it compares to playing with v sync off. Many thanks

toddybody

Distinguished

Hi Friend, a Free/G-Sync monitor's refresh rate is going to map 1:1 to your gpu output...so at no point will it lock you to a set hz. Everything I've read, indicates that Free/G-Sync produces no input lag beyond the default monitor processing.

After using G-Sync for the past 6 months, I have to drink the Kool Aid and admit its a transformative technology. Once you have it, you'll never buy another gaming monitor without.

If youre looking at G-Sync + High Hz...the new Acer XB270HU, featuring 144hz + G-Sync + and an IPS Panel; incredible

Jameshigh28

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
I needed an ultrawide because of space limitations, and I was on a budget, so I got the LG 34um65, which has freesync @ 75hz max, admittedly lower than whats offered, but for an ultrawide, it was a compromise between price and features. I just want to confirm I'm understanding the above statement. If I just run 75hz with vsync, I'll have input lag beyond just the monitor, but if I run with freesync enabled via dp 1.2, I'll have no input lag except for whatever the monitor latency is?
All it's getting used for is iracing, and other sims. just wanted to ask before my Sapphire Radeon R9 390 NITRO Tri‑X arrives.