[SOLVED] Freesync monitor & nvidia 1080 gtx (valorant)

Jun 10, 2020
Im competitive player: valorant game.
I dont need the gsync, vsync, freesync becouse the input lag and also i got 250+ fps ingame.

I found a good cheap monitor: aw2518hf (240hz).

Now im using 144 hz monitor and befor i buy the 240hz monitor, i wanna know few things:

1. Its possible to run 240hz with nvidia gtx 1080?
  2. If its freesync minitor, and i dont need the freesync/gsync , i will need to disable it? And also when it will be disabled it will run 240hz clearly?

Solution
If you are currently getting 250+ FPS then a 240hz display will work fine. Gsync options are able to be turned off in the nvidia control panel if you don’t want to use it and if you are running at an FPS around the same as your refresh rate you shouldn’t encounter any screen tearing that you would want vsync for.

CountJukeYou

Prominent
May 2, 2019
If you are currently getting 250+ FPS then a 240hz display will work fine. Gsync options are able to be turned off in the nvidia control panel if you don’t want to use it and if you are running at an FPS around the same as your refresh rate you shouldn’t encounter any screen tearing that you would want vsync for.

Solution

CountJukeYou

Prominent
May 2, 2019
But freesync will be turn on automaticly? Or it be disabled becouse my nvidia graphic card?
I believe, and hopefully someone will correct me if I’m wrong, that freesync works a lot like gsync does and if you are using an nvidia gpu it will not do anything if you have gsync turned off in the control panel, unfortunately I have not personally owned a freesync specific monitor to say for sure if it comes with a separate set of options though.

CountJukeYou

Prominent
May 2, 2019
If in some games i got 200-230 fps, its still run to me 240 hz? And if not how much hz i will get then?
The refresh rate will stay constant to what you set it to. The only thing that could impact your gameplay is if your frame rate is too far off from your refresh rate it may cause screen tearing.

Jun 10, 2020
The refresh rate will stay constant to what you set it to. The only thing that could impact your gameplay is if your frame rate is too far off from your refresh rate it may cause screen tearing.

1. Set 240 hz via nvidia, right?
  2. You mean for example: 130 fps ingame with 240hz can make tearing but it will still run in 240hz?