[SOLVED] Freesync not working - or vsync is better ?

Popikaify

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2017
Im using LG 23mp68vq - p which supports freesync *75hz

How do i turn this on ? i went to monitor menu and set freesync on,then to nvidia control panel Display>change resolution>chose the resolution and from ''Ultra HD,HD,SD'' section 1080p x 1920 x 1080 (60hz) scrolled down to ''PC'' section and used 1920 x 1080(native) 75hz.But once i log into a game my fps is not locked.
What the hell do i need to use here its so confusing and pissing me off ?

Also im wondering :
Should i turn vsync and tripple buffering in nvidia control panel or in game,or do i need triple buffering if i use free sync.If not,which vsync is the best to use : on,adaptive,adaptive (half refresh rate),fast.

Solution
Freesync/Gsync doesn't cap fps. Vsync is used to keep fps within Freesync/Gsync range to reduce input lag while eliminating tearing. Or you can manually limit fps instead if game allows or use a program like Msi Afterburner or Nvidia Inspector.

Try test this. Disable Gsync and enable just Vsync. If you notice input lag, see if there's a difference with Gsync and Vsync on.

May need to limit fps a frame below refresh, ie to 74 to improve input lag further if you can still feel it a bit.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Freesync/Gsync doesn't cap fps. Vsync is used to keep fps within Freesync/Gsync range to reduce input lag while eliminating tearing. Or you can manually limit fps instead if game allows or use a program like Msi Afterburner or Nvidia Inspector.

Try test this. Disable Gsync and enable just Vsync. If you notice input lag, see if there's a difference with Gsync and Vsync on.

May need to limit fps a frame below refresh, ie to 74 to improve input lag further if you can still feel it a bit.

Solution