[SOLVED] Freesync on GTX 1060 and Asus VG245H

veyvey

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Hello ! As far as i know, some while ago Nvidia enabled freesync for it's cards , so we can use it on monitors with freesync, instead of just g-sync; I own a GTX 1060 3GB and an Asus VG245H monitor, so I was wondering if i will be able to enable freesync after i buy a display port - hdmi cable ; as I read , freesync will not work through hdmi only cable, so maybe it iwll work using a DP cable ( but with HDMI at the monitor input ) . Anybody else tested ?
Thanks !

Solution
Hello ! As far as i know, some while ago Nvidia enabled freesync for it's cards , so we can use it on monitors with freesync, instead of just g-sync; I own a GTX 1060 3GB and an Asus VG245H monitor, so I was wondering if i will be able to enable freesync after i buy a display port - hdmi cable ; as I read , freesync will not work through hdmi only cable, so maybe it iwll work using a DP cable ( but with HDMI at the monitor input ) . Anybody else tested ?
Thanks !
Only DisplayPort cable and connector works with G-Sync.
Having a DP cable with a HDMI adapter won't do.
Thanks !
Only DisplayPort cable and connector works with G-Sync.
Having a DP cable with a HDMI adapter won't do.

Solution