[SOLVED] Freesync through DP to HDMI adapter with GTX 1070 and Dell se2717h

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
Hi, so I recently bought a new monitor to boost my measly old 22 inch 60hz monitor to 27 inch 75hz monitor with freesync. I've heard all the news from last year that Nvidia finally supports freesync and I was eager to test the VRR experience myself. Well, few problems i've found is that I need a DP to DP connection for freesync to work, or just a radeon card, and I don't have both. The Dell SE2717H only have HDMI and VGA connection, so DP to DP is not possible.
So what I'm thinking right now is can I somehow trick my 1070 into thinking that it's running via DP with DP to HDMI adapter, basically plugging DP to my 1070, and HDMI to the monitor, and enable GSYNC (freesync) in nvidia control panel? And even if I can turn freesync on that way, will it run well? thanks.

Solution
Hi, so I recently bought a new monitor to boost my measly old 22 inch 60hz monitor to 27 inch 75hz monitor with freesync. I've heard all the news from last year that Nvidia finally supports freesync and I was eager to test the VRR experience myself. Well, few problems i've found is that I need a DP to DP connection for freesync to work, or just a radeon card, and I don't have both. The Dell SE2717H only have HDMI and VGA connection, so DP to DP is not possible.
So what I'm thinking right now is can I somehow trick my 1070 into thinking that it's running via DP with DP to HDMI adapter, basically plugging DP to my 1070, and HDMI to the monitor, and enable GSYNC (freesync) in nvidia control panel? And even if I can turn freesync on...
So what I'm thinking right now is can I somehow trick my 1070 into thinking that it's running via DP with DP to HDMI adapter, basically plugging DP to my 1070, and HDMI to the monitor, and enable GSYNC (freesync) in nvidia control panel? And even if I can turn freesync on that way, will it run well? thanks.
I don't think it will work as the adapter has to support Freesync and I don't know if any such adapter exists.

Reactions: Irisena
Solution

TRENDING THREADS