[SOLVED] Freeze after boot... Sometimes Help!! I'm going crazy with this

Nov 2, 2019
G'day, I have an issue with my PC after I "upgraded" my PC case to Fractal Mesh C. It started pretty much from the start of the upgrade I did not have this issue before. After cold boot it freezes up on desktop (sometimes on login screen) and mouse only moves, though after multiple (sometimes just one restart is enough) hard restarts aka (press and hold power button) it works like it should. It always boots normally to bios, never crashes or freezes in Bios. I did the upgrade because I wanted 9x 140mm fans in my setup, which i now have (don't ask me why :D)
My Setup and things I have done so far:

Windows 10 (legit)
Motherboard: Rog Strix z370-E
Processor: Intel i7-8700K 3.7ghz --- Noctua NH-D15 cooler
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Ram: Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400mhz 2x8gb
Drives: 1TB 970 Evo M.2 PCie 3.0 x4 <--- (this came as new with upgrade)
250gb 960Evo M.2
1tb 850 Evo SSD <--- Empty
ST2000 2tb HDD <---Empty
Power: Seasonic Prime 1000 W Gold

I have done 3 formats so far, I had windows on my 250gb M.2 in slower slot, when i first built in the new case. I have took the 250gb out and put my windows on 1tb M.2 which is in x4 slot (setting changed in Bios as well) Took the 250gb out I thought maybe it got bad. I did not help. 1 format I did using a CD, the other 2 I used USB stick. One PHYSICAL thing happened when I upgraded, I had my Case tilted in 140 degree with motherboard facing down because i was trying to run the fan cables. The case slipped and it "tumbled"I had the Cooler installed with CPU already, Im thinking is it possible that my motherboard has a micro crack? I also had thouse "Power_state_failure" crashes despite all the tips and tricks to fix it, though they happen rarely I had 1 crash since my last format about 1 month ago. Also since the new case I started hearing this weird gurgling or bubbling sound, its not loud and usualy it only does when in idle on cold boot (Maybe the sound was always there but i had closed case from Fractal which was super quite, I dint even hear the fans) I tried to pinpoint it, but never did. I also ran thouse Ssd checker tools like Crystaldiskmark, and nothing out of ordinary

PS. There are days when my PC starts normaly without any issues, like maybe 2-3 times a week

Last edited:
Solution
Try re-seating your ram.

Since the d-15 is quite a beefy cooler, it maybe that during the "tumble" it strained the cpu socket, bracket or cpu itself. Remove the cooler and cpu and inspect the socket for any damaged pins and if the the mounting bracket has gotten loose.

The case noise is probably the fans vibrating or some loose metal piece vibrating like the dust filter or side panel, etc.
Try re-seating your ram.

Since the d-15 is quite a beefy cooler, it maybe that during the "tumble" it strained the cpu socket, bracket or cpu itself. Remove the cooler and cpu and inspect the socket for any damaged pins and if the the mounting bracket has gotten loose.

The case noise is probably the fans vibrating or some loose metal piece vibrating like the dust filter or side panel, etc.

Solution
Nov 2, 2019
Hey I did what you said, took out the CPU and rams, first boot worked as a computer should, will keep monitoring if it does the freeze again. Also I wrote wrong rams, edited that aswell. In bios I changed ram settings from Auto (stayed on 2133) I set it to my ram speed of 2400, should I change it back to auto or keep at 2400? Thanks again for the help!

Nov 2, 2019
So after 2 weeks of testing, the problem still persists, every morning when i wake up, I turn my pc on, and I have to restart it, because it freezes on login. Just now I turned PC on and I had to restart it 4 times before I could actually login to desktop. I also had those Driver_Power_state_failure crashes, one time I had then 2 of them in a row inside 5 min. What I also realized ( I have 3 monitors in my setup) IS when they all wake up on Boot, my pc never freezez, yet when only my main monitor is on, its 99% going to freez up. so my GPU is going bad maybe?