Question Freezing and Code 43 on GPU driver ?

Jun 17, 2021
Hi, a couple days ago i was watching some youtube videos and my pc froze so i had to shut it down holding down the power on button. When i turned it on again MSI Afterburner wasn't detecting my GTX 1080 and my Nvidia control panel was gone so i went and check in device manager and my GPU was there but with a yellow triangle and in properties it said "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". Things that i alredy did:
  • Safe mode DDU, windows driver for the GPU or latest driver. Result in code 43.
  • Run chkdsk
  • Windows reinstallation no updates, latest driver. Result code 43.
  • Older drivers result code 43, DDU each time i tried a new driver.
  • Found in a forum a recommendation to try driver 368.81, so i did DDU, installed that driver but in the advanced options of the driver installation i only left checked the graphics driver. Result code 43 gone.
Now with this 368.81 driver my nvidia control panel was back and afterburner detected my GPU, so i went to try some games but after 30-60 sec of gameplay my pc froze again. When i restarted code 43 was still gone. I tried different games, low and high demanding but it froze anyways. I tried to update drivers again but code 43 was back so i reverted to 368.81 and this is where i am now. So i decided to use some benchmark tools to see if maybe the GPU was frozing with high usage but it wasn't the case. I used Heaven Benchmark and UserBenchmark both completed succesfully and with good score. I don't know what else to try or how to fix the problem.

I always checked my temps, they were always normal before the problem started. BIOS up to date.

My build:
CPU: i7-8700K
MOBO: Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3 80 Plus
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 8GB x2
SSD : Kingston A400 120GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003

May 26, 2021
Hi, a couple days ago i was watching some youtube videos and my pc froze so i had to shut it down holding down the power on button. When i turned it on again MSI Afterburner wasn't detecting my GTX 1080 and my Nvidia control panel was gone so i went and check in device manager and my GPU was there but with a yellow triangle and in properties it said "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". Things that i alredy did:
  • Safe mode DDU, windows driver for the GPU or latest driver. Result in code 43.
  • Run chkdsk
  • Windows reinstallation no updates, latest driver. Result code 43.
  • Older drivers result code 43, DDU each time i tried a new driver.
  • Found in a forum a recommendation to try driver 368.81, so i did DDU, installed that driver but in the advanced options of the driver installation i only left checked the graphics driver. Result code 43 gone.
Now with this 368.81 driver my nvidia control panel was back and afterburner detected my GPU, so i went to try some games but after 30-60 sec of gameplay my pc froze again. When i restarted code 43 was still gone. I tried different games, low and high demanding but it froze anyways. I tried to update drivers again but code 43 was back so i reverted to 368.81 and this is where i am now. So i decided to use some benchmark tools to see if maybe the GPU was frozing with high usage but it wasn't the case. I used Heaven Benchmark and UserBenchmark both completed succesfully and with good score. I don't know what else to try or how to fix the problem.

I always checked my temps, they were always normal before the problem started. BIOS up to date.

My build:
CPU: i7-8700K
MOBO: Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3 80 Plus
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 8GB x2
SSD : Kingston A400 120GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003

Have you try to disable onboard GPU ..... and connect the external GPU connect the external gpu to Monitor direct......instead from the board .... i have face that kind of issues that is how i get mine solve......