Question PC crash and restart with "Out of memory" error

Aug 9, 2024
Hello everyone, I've just recently built a new setup. After playing after the first day I was playing Overwatch 2 and the system froze and crashed and restarted. Checking event logs I got plenty of errors stating "out of memory". Checking both task manager and performance the memory doesn't hit more than 45%. I've already updated my drivers and ran Windows Memory Diagnostic which did not say there are any errors. Looking around seeing if its faulty RAM or if there is other issues with CPU or my motherboard and I did Memtest86.

With Memtest86, I ran the test and it said ther are too many errors to complete. This first test was with XMP on and then I ran the test again with XMP off and no issue which didnt seem right. I played later to see if it would crash again and it did.

Currently, I am running memtest with only on stick of 16gb to see if its a specific RAM stick so I can just RMA them.

SPECS:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f9GY34

I just wanna make sure there's anything I am missing or its just faulty RAM. I am moving back to school out-of-state so I just want to deal with it as soon as I can.

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I've just recently built a new setup. After playing after the first day I was playing Overwatch 2 and the system froze and crashed and restarted. Checking event logs I got plenty of errors stating "out of memory". Checking both task manager and performance the memory doesn't hit more than 45%. I've already updated my drivers and ran Windows Memory Diagnostic which did not say there are any errors. Looking around seeing if its faulty RAM or if there is other issues with CPU or my motherboard and I did Memtest86.

With Memtest86, I ran the test and it said ther are too many errors to complete. This first test was with XMP on and then I ran the test again with XMP off and no issue which didnt seem right. I played later to see if it would crash again and it did.

Currently, I am running memtest with only on stick of 16gb to see if its a specific RAM stick so I can just RMA them.

SPECS:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f9GY34

I just wanna make sure there's anything I am missing or its just faulty RAM. I am moving back to school out-of-state so I just want to deal with it as soon as I can.

Thanks for any help you can give :)
Proper bios level?