[SOLVED] Freeze, D Drive Disappeared, Unknown Disk

Apr 20, 2021
Hi guys,

My computer froze, I had to hard reset. On the restart, my 1TB D drive had disappeared. It's now an unknown disk.
A similar thing happened recently, I renamed the drive in diskpart - it didn't work initially but then suddenly returned. This time only SSD shows up in diskpart.

I have data on the disk I'd like to try and recover but I'm aware the HDD might be dead.

Thanks in advance!

Here's a screenshot.

hPlMNpw.png

Solution
Model name of the disk?
Internal? external?

If sata disk in external USB connected enclosure, then try removing it from enclosure and connection directly with sata cables to a deskto pc.

If it's internal disk, already connected with sata cables, then for data recovery contact professional data recovery services.
Model name of the disk?
Internal? external?

If sata disk in external USB connected enclosure, then try removing it from enclosure and connection directly with sata cables to a deskto pc.

If it's internal disk, already connected with sata cables, then for data recovery contact professional data recovery services.

Solution
Apr 20, 2021
Restarted my laptop again (not the first time) and D drive suddenly reappeared. Busy running a fresh backup - smiled on by the tech gods it seems.