Question [Solved]Freeze During Game, now won’t boot

Jun 4, 2020
[Solved] Turns out it was my motherboard. Had a friend with a spare PSU and was able to eliminate that as the culprit. Found a speaker in an arduino starter kit and wired it up to the board. No beeps. Found a MOBO with an AM3+ socket on Facebook for $20. Swapped it out and got a boot. Bing bang boom. I’m back in action! Super happy about the results and able to save over $500 in new processor/mobo/ram. Thank you for the help.

I was playing escape from tarkov and suddenly the game froze after a match. The sound was on a one second loop and no inputs/outputs of keyboard and mouse registered. I powered off via button and now it won’t boot. Can’t see bios, monitor isn’t registering signal. Fans spin, some lights come on. No PSU fan spinning, but some say it may not normally.
Additionally, the past two days my keyboard randomly stopped working. Half the RGB lights shut off. I unplugged usb and reinserted and it worked fine.

MOBO: MSI 970A-G46
Ram: ballistix sport 2X4GB
Processor AMD 6300something. Not coming to me at the moment.
GPU: AMD Sapphire HD 7950
PSU: Corsair TX750M
256GB samsungSSD HD (OS)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020
I was playing escape from tarkov and suddenly the game froze after a match. The sound was on a one second loop and no inputs/outputs of keyboard and mouse registered. I powered off via button and now it won’t boot. Can’t see bios, monitor isn’t registering signal. Fans spin, some lights come on. No PSU fan spinning, but some say it may not normally.
Additionally, the past two days my keyboard randomly stopped working. Half the RGB lights shut off. I unplugged usb and reinserted and it worked fine.

MOBO: MSI 970A-G46
Ram: ballistix sport 2X4GB
Processor AMD 6300something. Not coming to me at the moment.
GPU: AMD Sapphire HD 7950
PSU: Corsair TX750M
256GB samsungSSD HD (OS)
Most likely your gpu is dead. I had a hd7770 and while playing cod bo2 zombies it froze and flickered and didn't boot, I tried different cables and everything, but when I tried another gpu, it booted just fine. You most likely need a new gpu.

Jun 4, 2020
And I now read the whole thread. I had the exact same things happening to my system. Nothing shows up on the monitor or anything. Rip HD 7950
If only I could find my spare. Tried booting without it and I don’t get a keyboard num lock or caps to come on and can’t tell a change in fan speed. I’ll still give it a go and see what happens. Thanks!