Freeze during install on ssd

Helvius

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Hello

I'm stuck trying to install windows 10 pro. It freezes on the window screen, the dotted loading circle, wich is usually spinning around, stops.

I have a bootable cd with pre-activated windows 10 installation.

I bought a kingston SSDnow300v with 240gb. To run windows on.

These are the steps I have taken:

1. I started by unplugging my old 1tb harddrive, with windows 7 as OS

2. Plugged in the ssd drive, using same cords as the old drive.

3. Insert w10 install, pre-activated.

4. PC starts installing, and restarts 2 times. Installs .net framework and defender, after this part the problem occurs.

5. Then I see the windows logo, with the spinning dotted circle. At this point, it freezes, the circle stops spinning.

6. After a few minutes, the PC shuts down.

7. I try turn it on, but it wont start and I hear loud BEEP sound from the computer. I wait a minute, and it starts again.

8. I re-do all the steps, but delete the partitions, during the beginning of step 4.

I also tried another windows 10 installation file, from USB. Same thing, freezes at the same step.

Can anyone help me?

Here are my speccs:

PROCESSOR:
3,40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2600K
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)

Board: Intel Corporation DH67CL AAG10212-204

Solution
If you can't get it on fresh or via update I would have to think its lack of drivers. It isn't Microsoft's choice, its the fact Intel aren't supporting it and they would be the ones to get the chipset and other hardware drivers from. I feel PC is best staying on Win 7 as that is last OS with a reasonable amount of drivers for you. It works on 7, you said that.

How do you pre activate win 10? You might need to save up and buy new hardware to put that win 10 on. I upgraded from a E6600 last year, the speed difference between a 10 year old dual core and the CPU today is worth the price. Your CPU isn't so bad, you let down by motherboard. That is the problem for many PC, motherboard drivers stop supporting hardware long before windows does.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Helvius

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

Dear Colif. Thank you for your answer

I have never used anything but windows 7. I bought the PC back in 2011, and haven't changed any OS or Hardware on it since then.

I tried doing a fresh install of windows 7, and it runs perfectly on the SSD harddisk. I have tried using several different downloads of windows 10 now, 1 pre-activated and 3 other downloads of windows 10. Stops at the same time (as mentioned above in the post)

I recently tried installing windows 7, and just updating that version, instead of doing a fresh install of windows 10. Didn't work and also stopped during the windows logo.

Can it really be possible that my motherboard can not run windows 10?

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you can't get it on fresh or via update I would have to think its lack of drivers. It isn't Microsoft's choice, its the fact Intel aren't supporting it and they would be the ones to get the chipset and other hardware drivers from. I feel PC is best staying on Win 7 as that is last OS with a reasonable amount of drivers for you. It works on 7, you said that.

How do you pre activate win 10? You might need to save up and buy new hardware to put that win 10 on. I upgraded from a E6600 last year, the speed difference between a 10 year old dual core and the CPU today is worth the price. Your CPU isn't so bad, you let down by motherboard. That is the problem for many PC, motherboard drivers stop supporting hardware long before windows does.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS